| Roots Super Jam: Collected West African & Diaspora Drum Rhythms
(Roots Jam vols. 1, 2, 3)
|Roots Jam 1:
Collected Rhythms for Hand Drum & Percussion
(1996; 80 p.)
|Roots Jam 2:
West African and Afro-Latin Drum Rhythms
(2002; 85 p.)
|Roots Jam 3:
Arrangements for West African Drum & Dance
(2007; 64 p.)
- New! You can now access all three volumes of Roots Jam in one book!
- Save $ as you get all three Roots Jam books for less than the price of any two.
- Order audio sets a la carte from this menu, to play along with selected rhythms.
Roots Super Jam
All three Roots Jam books under one cover, only $29.99 (plus shipping):
- hundreds of rhythms from the African, Latin, and rock traditions, plus original improvisations
- notation for four primary types of rhythmic feel
- duets, breaks, exercises, popular styles
- tips on drum groups, jams, all-night drumming, trance dance
- over 125 traditional African, Afro-Latin, and Middle Eastern rhythms
- comprehensive collection of parts to choose from
- simple box notation based on Olatunji “gun-go-pa” method
- practice exercises and generic patterns for djembe, dunun, bell/clave
- guidance on pulse and polyrhythm, tradition and improvisation, time signatures and handing, intentions and excellence, new directions
- selected arrangements for 16 dance rhythms
- notation for 27 original compositions
- all new workshop lessons & features
- lead djembe solo tips & exercises
- 2 CD-length audio bundles (16 traditional arrangements + 27 original compositions). Please note, physical CDs discontinued, but you can download the full sets of mp3s (burn to your own CDs if you prefer).